Join the Academy Team
The mission of the Colorado Homebuilding Academy is to create a hands-on homebuilding experience to secondary and post-secondary students which will enrich and expand Denver’s skilled homebuilding workforce. The position is full-time, exempt.
The Director provides strategic leadership and guidance to the Academy, forges deep, collaborative relationships with community partners, ensures financial stability, and implements innovative experiential educational strategies which create a pipeline of skilled labor into the local industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and supervise the overall operations and activities of the Academy.
- Work with the Advisory Board to develop long-term solutions for the skilled labor shortage in the homebuilding industry.
- Oversee, manage and direct instructors, partners, internal staff and/or consultants.
- Review, negotiate and approve contracts and purchases.
- Work with financial staff, prepare and/or approve the annual budget, and accept final authority for finance, accounting, and financial reporting for the organization.
- Manage outreach, marketing and branding for the Academy.
- Schedule classes to optimize the instructional space and student outcomes.
- Grant writing and fundraising.
- Special projects as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Proven track record in management.
- Ten years of professional experience in the homebuilding industry is desired.
- Experience in workforce development programs.
- Experience with secondary and post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree is preferred, in business, construction management non-profit management or education.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in diverse communities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
How to Apply
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails without resumes attached will not be accepted.
Part Time Construction Instructor – Evenings
Colorado Homebuilding Academy is a local nonprofit that teaches basic construction skills to adults looking to find a career in the industry. Our 8 week program is designed to get them the necessary safety, tool and material, math, print reading and building process knowledge to successfully procure employment in the trades. We take a hands-on approach by putting the tools in their hands to gain those skills through exercises and builds. In the last two weeks of our program students choose a trade to focus on, in either: Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, or Concrete. And we also cover resume writing which they will utilize at our job fair conducted just for them at graduation! 95% of the time we are able to provide the course, a set of tools, OSHA 10 certification, and a cash incentive, all at no cost to the student.
We are looking for part time instructors to assist our trainers in transferring all this knowledge to a diverse and enthusiastic classroom. One class runs Monday and Wednesdays, the other runs Tuesday and Thursdays and both are from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. From one day a week to four days a week, we are looking for help on all class days.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- A background check will be conducted though will not immediately exclude applicants.
- Must pass a drug test. EOE.
Looking to give back?✓ Pass down your knowledge?✓ Be social in a fun construction environment?✓ Join us as we help individuals gain a path to meaningful employment!
How to Apply
Please email a resume to Eric.White@COHomebuildingAcademy.org along with a short description of your background and why you are interested. List “Part Time Instructor Job” in the email subject line.