Join the Academy team to help build our community through the power of career training
Colorado Homebuilding Academy is a collaborative, industry-driven training organization created to solve the construction industry’s need for motivated and skilled workers. We provide hands-on learning, real-life experience, job placement and mentoring for youth and adults as they build careers in construction.
The Academy is seeking a recruiter to join our team. In this role, you will actively seek out potential students to join our construction classes and support them through the enrollment process. Your work will be both people-oriented and analytical; you will help fulfill the Academy’s mission through relationship building and data management.
- Work location: Colorado Homebuilding Academy, 445 W 53rd Place, Denver ,CO 80216
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Full time, nonexempt
What You’ll Do:
As a recruiter, a normal day may require you to go out into the community for a job fair, host a tour of our construction lab, and analyze enrollment data to make sure that all of our classes are filled. Other job duties include:
- Identify potential students, interview and evaluate candidates, and ensure classes are well attended
- Develop strong relationships with community organizations, construction companies, and other groups who refer students to our classes
- Conduct community outreach at events including job fairs and high school career days
- Educate the community about the benefits and requirements for careers in construction, as well as the Academy’s training programs and mission
- Develop strong relationships with students by keeping them up to date about upcoming classes and supporting their career needs
- Adhere to our existing recruitment process and provide ideas for improvement
- Monitor key recruitment metrics, including time it takes to get a student enrolled and processed, and then using these insights to improve performance
- Work closely with marketing coordinator to develop effective recruitment materials and strategies
- Work closely with the program coordinator and career coach to get students enrolled, trained, and employed
- Collect and maintain student data in our customer relationship management tool, Zoho CRM
- Assist as needed to improve student retention
What You’ll Need
Education & Work Requirements
- 3+ years of recruitment-related experience preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail and other Google apps, CRM tools preferred)
- Analytical skills to evaluate recruitment data
- Experience working within construction industry preferred, but not required
- Attention to detail and openness to following instruction
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Spanish-speaking skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Robert.Hernandez@COHomebuildingAcademy.org
The mission of the Colorado Homebuilding Academy is to create a hands-on homebuilding experience to secondary and post-secondary students which will enrich and expand Denver’s skilled homebuilding workforce. The position is full-time, exempt.
The Director provides strategic leadership and guidance to the Academy, forges deep, collaborative relationships with community partners, ensures financial stability, and implements innovative experiential educational strategies which create a pipeline of skilled labor into the local industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and supervise the overall operations and activities of the Academy.
- Work with the Advisory Board to develop long-term solutions for the skilled labor shortage in the homebuilding industry.
- Oversee, manage and direct instructors, partners, internal staff and/or consultants.
- Review, negotiate and approve contracts and purchases.
- Work with financial staff, prepare and/or approve the annual budget, and accept final authority for finance, accounting, and financial reporting for the organization.
- Manage outreach, marketing and branding for the Academy.
- Schedule classes to optimize the instructional space and student outcomes.
- Grant writing and fundraising.
- Special projects as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Proven track record in management.
- Ten years of professional experience in the homebuilding industry is desired.
- Experience in workforce development programs.
- Experience with secondary and post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree is preferred, in business, construction management non-profit management or education.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in diverse communities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
How to Apply
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails without resumes attached will not be accepted.
Part Time Construction Instructor – Evenings
Colorado Homebuilding Academy is a local nonprofit that teaches basic construction skills to adults looking to find a career in the industry. Our 8 week program is designed to get them the necessary safety, tool and material, math, print reading and building process knowledge to successfully procure employment in the trades. We take a hands-on approach by putting the tools in their hands to gain those skills through exercises and builds. In the last two weeks of our program students choose a trade to focus on, in either: Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, or Concrete. And we also cover resume writing which they will utilize at our job fair conducted just for them at graduation! 95% of the time we are able to provide the course, a set of tools, OSHA 10 certification, and a cash incentive, all at no cost to the student.
We are looking for part time instructors to assist our trainers in transferring all this knowledge to a diverse and enthusiastic classroom. One class runs Monday and Wednesdays, the other runs Tuesday and Thursdays and both are from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. From one day a week to four days a week, we are looking for help on all class days.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- A background check will be conducted though will not immediately exclude applicants.
- Must pass a drug test. EOE.
Looking to give back?✓ Pass down your knowledge?✓ Be social in a fun construction environment?✓ Join us as we help individuals gain a path to meaningful employment!
How to Apply
Please email a resume to Eric.White@COHomebuildingAcademy.org along with a short description of your background and why you are interested. List “Part Time Instructor Job” in the email subject line.