Youth Construction Apprenticeships!
The Colorado Homebuilding Academy has successfully engaged six Denver Metro area high schools in our Youth Construction Workforce Development initiatives. Some of our high school programs are tied to our “Building Pathways” exploratory education classes and others are a deeper dive into construction careers where students earn the opportunity to participate in our “Youth Construction Apprenticeship” program.
- The Explore Phase: takes place at the Academy Training Lab where the students get a chance to work with program instructors and participate in basic skills exercises with hand and power tools.
- The Training Phase: enables students to participate in weekly construction training, working towards industry recognized HBI, ICC and OSHA-10 certifications. The Training Phase has two components:
- Hands-on Academy Construction Lab Training 3 days per week
- On-The-Job Training as Youth Apprentices with Home Builder Trade Contractors on Builder Job Sites 1-2 days per week.
- One day per week for four weeks
- Two days per week for six additional weeks
At the end of the Apprenticeship program, we hope that our employer partners will consider offering summer employment or full-time employment for graduating high school seniors.
Contact us to explore the opportunities.